Franklin Lakes Real Estate For Sale By Price
Flickr Photo Credit Ryan Vaarsi
Area Information on Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
- Flickr Photo Credit edward stojakovic
Located in Bergen County, Franklin Lakes is a New Jersey borough with a population of about 10,600 residents as of the 2010 Census.
Franklin Lakes was first formed by an act of the state legislature on March 1922 by taking portions of Franklin Township.
By 2000, this affluent 9.83 square mile community had been recognized as the municipality with the 18th highest per capita income in the entire state.
Living in Franklin Lakes
As with the rest of Bergen County, Franklin Lakes enjoys easy access to quality public transportation systems, including New Jersey Transit.
What’s more, the community is situated near a number of major thoroughfares, such as Interstate 287, New Jersey Route 208 and County Route 502.
This means that Franklin Lakes residents are always within just a short drive of such local and regional attractions as:
- Urban Farms Shopping Center
- Historic sites such as the Ackerman-Boyd House and Reaction Motors Rocket Test Facility
- Sterling Forest
- And more!
Education in Franklin Lakes, NJ
New Jersey residents living in Franklin Lakes are zoned for Franklin Lakes Public Schools for kindergarten through eighth grade.
Specifically, these residents attend:
- Colonial Road School (k-5)
- High Mountain Road School (pre-k – 5)
- Woodside Avenue School (k-5)
- Franklin Avenue Middle School (6-8)
For grades 9 through 12, Franklin Lakes residents attend the several high-achieving schools within the Ramapo Indian Hills Regional School District, including Indian Hills High School and Ramapo High School.
Students may also attend Bergen County Academies if they’re accepted into the program.
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey Town Services
- Borough Hall: 201-891-0048
- Police: 201-891-3131
- Fire: 201-891-5736
- Ambulance: 201-891-5151
- Tax Assessor: 201-891-0048
- Fire Department: Volunteer
- Recreation: Franklin Lakes Nature Preserve, Franklin Lakes Community Center
- Website: http://www.franklinlakes.org/